Thursday, February 1, 2007

Water Colouring 1

I love the look of watercolouring, the soft muted look and have used a variety of ways to achieve the look I am after. Pencils, pens, crayons, inks or paints using paintbrush, aquabrush or blender pen are all used in Watercolouring. After many years of stamping, its great to learn a new way of doing things, especially when it is using items you already have. My favorite is one I have learned since joining Stampin' Up! and it is possibly the easiest and one that is available to everyone. I want to share with you how to watercolouring using Stampin' Up! ink pads and blender pens.


To start, take an closed Stampin’ Up! Ink pad and press on the lid. This will press the lid into the ink pad and give you a nice well of colour on the inside of the lid.





The good thing about this well of colour, is that when you close your ink pad it keeps the colour moist and ready for use next time.
If you have been to one of my workshop, you would have noticed that a lot of my ink pads have their little well of colour on the lid. Like I said, this is my favorite technique.



Rubbing your blender pen over your colour well, pick up the colour from the lid. like to start with my darkest colour and highlight the image and then using my lighter colour I blend and colour my image.




I like to go lightly when I am colouring. I can always add and deepen colours after I have finished if I am not happy with the effect but it is a lot harder to tone down a dark image.







The final card made using Delight in Life set. This is a limited editon Sell - a - bration set available only during January, February.




All products and stamps used are © Stampin' Up! 1988-2007.
All images and text are © Alice Wallace 2007 and must not be copied in any way without prior permission.

No comments: