Thursday, February 8, 2007

Changing Colours

It is amazing what a difference changing the colors can make to a card.
The other night I was putting together a workshop and wanted a card that was slightly different to the norm for a group of experienced stampers.
I found this one on the Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Website (Just one of the many perks we demos get from Stampin' Up!, part of the website is dedicated to quick and easy cards we can use at workshops) and liked the look of it. But it's Sell-a-bration and I wanted to showcase a sell-a-bration set. So I thought maybe change it using the same card style.





This was my first attempt at changing the card. This one uses Delight in Life set. To choose the colours, I pulled out my trusty color coach. I have no idea what I did before I got my color coach, maybe that's why I was always running into big roadblocks in my stamping. I looked at what card I had a few sheets of, in this case it was Lovely lilac and chose the complentary colors for that. The co-ordinating colors for Lovely lilac (main card) are Sage Shadow (belly band), Ballet Blue (layered colour) and Perfect Plum (flower).


My second attempt and the one I finally used for my workshop was this one. It uses the Happy Harmony Sell-a-bration set. Again I used my color coach, this time using Ballet Blue as the main colour. The coordinating colors are Real Red (belly band), Creamy Caramel (layer colour).
I enjoy using the color coach it makes me step out of my comfort zone using colour. And sometimes when I look at the color combinations I think - errr not sure, but when I put the final card together they do always work and they always get peoples attention. If you don't already own the color coach, I would strongly recommend it as a useful purpose. I might have to get a new one soon; this one is starting to wear out.

No comments: