Saturday, January 27, 2007

Welcome

Welcome
Welcome to my first ever Blog post. Where to start???? OK let me tell you how I got here!
Hi my name is Alice and I am a stampin' addict. I have been hooked on rubber stamping for over 10 years but since last April my addiction has gotten worse. What happened in April? In April 2006, Stampin' Up! commenced operation in Australia. Sure I had heard of Stampin' Up! stampers on Stamp Happy yahoo group had often mentioned this company from the US but I never ventured overseas to get my fixes (oh stamps) so had never really thought too much about them. Even did a project for my sister's birthday last year using a template I found on Splitcoast Stampers (a community of stampers mainly using Stampin' Up product) but thought it looked nice but........ it was still overseas.
Well in March I attended Brisbane Paper Arts where SU was launching their Australian Business. I was with a friend who was absolutely in love with SU and wanted someone, anyone to sign up so she could get her fixes(stamps) from them. Me I had been toying with the idea of starting my own business for a while, either a party plan or an internet stamp shop. So I thought I would have a look at the SU offer. I got all the info I could from them and took it home and fell in love. I still had some questions and decided to go to the opportunity night here in Brisbane. Took with me a load of questions that I asked the managing director. The answers where what I wanted to hear and I signed and sent the papers off the next day. Fast forward nearly 12 months and I haven't regretted joining.
I love being able to share with others the beautiful Stampin' Up! range. My workshops have kept me very busy. In the beginning I was calling my workshops parties until my 7 year old said one morning on her way to school, "Mum are you going to a party again" Had to explain that my parties were my work and not just all cake and bickies. Now Sarah wants to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator when she grows up.
I can't say being a demonstrator has made me rich overnight, I am too hooked on acquiring stamps for that, but I have earned 15 free sets by achieving my Stampin' Start Goals and I have a lot of Stampin' Up product to feed my addiction without using the housekeeping money which keeps my husband happy. My old stamp collection sits unused in its boxes, one day I will have to work on what to do with them all, some could probably go to other homes but some I couldn't think of getting rid of, they are too precious to me.
Over the coming weeks I hope to share here with you about me, about my addiction, and share ideas and techniques to help you get the most out of your Stampin' addiction.

No comments: