Tuesday, January 1, 2008

After Christmas

Before we go too far past the Christmas season, I thought I would share the two Christmas cards I made this year.




The first was the one I did for Sarah to give to her friends.


She loved the Gingerbread man when I used it in my Stamp a Lot classes. So I sponged the window and then stamped the men peaking through the window. The stamp set is Hung up on Christmas and gingerbread man was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink and the window was sponged with Bashful Blue. The cardstock is Confetti Cream.



The second was one we used as our family card.
The stamp set was Solemn Stillness. I cut a circle from photocopy paper and used that as the template to sponge the window in Brocade Blue. I inked the solid tree in Always Artichoke and stamped the first image off. (after the first card I stamped the first inked tree on the previous card) I then stamped this within the circle a couple of times. I inked the tree up again and removed the paper and stamped the whole tree. The outline is stamped in Gold Encore and embossed with Detail Gold Embossing Powder. Card stock I used is Confetti White.
We had a good Christmas, we thought Glen would be working early on Christmas Day (Train Drivers don't have many Public Holidays off) But we were lucky he was rostered off, which was a great present for us as we spend the day with both families. Santa was very good to me and brought me a new digital camera with a zoom and I have been having a fun time learning how to use it and marvel at what it can do.




No comments: