Monday, September 17, 2007

C.A.S.E.




Caseing is the art of copying a card, a design or colour choices and making it your own.



I love checking out the galleries on Splitcoaststampers and often use the ideas I find there. These help me if I am going through a creative block or just need a quick card to make.



To all my workshops I carry a variety of cards to help you get ideas on how to use different stamp sets.



My other favorite source is our Idea Book and Catalogue. This year's book has over 200 samples and in the back is a ingredient list that helps you work out exactly what stamps and product has been used.



Recently a friend lent me a copy of the U.S. idea book and catalogue and while there are a lot of stamps in this that we can't get here in Australia, I love looking at the samples and ideas. A few of the ideas inspired me to create a similar card.




This is the first one. If you would like to see the original check out the American Catalogue online here this one was from page 42. I used the Sleigh full of toys stamp set, Real Red and Ballet Blue and Whisper White cardstock.







This one is again from the American Catalogue page 55. Stamp set was Sleigh full of toys, Cool Caribbean, Not Quite Navy and Real Red Cardstock, Celery Ribbon and the Paper Piercing tool and mat from the tool kit.



Have a close look at the Ideas book and online galleries and even if you don't have that stamp set or cardstock colours, have a look at the design or colours and think how you can add them to your cardmaking.


No comments: