Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Crayon Resist

Well I attended our Brisbane Stampin' Up Regionals on Saturday after a couple of changes in plans and had a wonderful time. I think it was just a little close to convention and we didn't get much notice that it was happening, but I am glad I was able to make it.


We had a 4 of our talented Qld Demos show us some workshop wows and wows they were. I am sure it would have been so nerve racking to do it bt I think the 4 did a great job. One was baby wipe technique - I had heard of this but had never seen it done before. For me it was a bit messy, but the samples were great. Another showed us lots to do with Chipboard, Wow.


My two favorites were the ones done by Trish and Kim.


Trish has convinced me that I need stampin' spots after I had thought no, I have the full size ink pads why do I need the spots. Well my next order will have spots on it, just so I can try out some of Trish's ideas. She did some wonderful direct to paper ideas with the Stampin' Spots and the ideas definately were WOW! Great job Trish.


My good friend Kim showed us Crayon Resist, and also wowed us with her samples. You did a great presentation Kim, well done.

So this morning I raided Sarah's crayon and stole the white one from her to play with this technique. These are my first attemps at this technique and I was quite happy with the results.






This one uses Leaves Awash Jumbo wheel and Pumpkin Patch Spectrum Stampin' Pad. Stamped with Stazon Black ink on Gloss card and brayered with the Spectrum Pad.












Another Jumbo Wheel and Spectrum Stampin' Pad. This time Flitting By wheel and Celebration Pad.



















This one is Petal Print stamp set stamped with Black Stazon ink on gloss card. Then sponged with Cranberry Crisp and True Thyme inks.














If you are interested in this technique please contact me and book a workshop so I can show you how it is done.


Watch in the next few weeks for ways to use our Stampin' Spots.

No comments: