Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Be Happy

One of the sets we received at Convention was Be Happy (page 51 of the IBC). I had looked at this when the new catalogue was released and thought mmmmm has possibilities but then found out we were to receive it at convention so didn't consider it when planning my new catty purchases.

This set was in our convention bag we received at registration. It was fun mounting it at 11pm at night after having been out to dinner with a group of other demos. My eyes were definately not working properly but we managed to get them mounted ok. Maybe the block of chocolate helped.
On Saturday, we used the set as part of the Make & Take projects. This was a 6x6 scrapbook page we made, using the happy flower, the leaves use the words cut from this set. A number of swaps I made at convention also used this set and they have gone down well with my customers how have seen them.

I have used this set in a couple of my workshops since I got home and love the versertility of this set. It has such of variety of uses, both for a scrapbooker or a cardmaker. Last week I sat down to play. Every so often I love sitting down with just one set and see how many different cards I can come up with. When I do this I will take inspiration from many sources and mix and match & change things slightly. Here is some I have come up with.

This one is using Bold Brights colours
This one uses the Rock & Roll technique on the flower. Ink & cardstock used are Sage Shadow & Chocolate Chip.
This card uses Marigold Morningand Cool Caribbean.
This card uses a brayer, gloss card and post it notes to make the background.

This card uses Basic Black and Ruby Red cardstock and ink. The tag uses Whisper White craft ink on the black cardstock.

No comments: